In order to be eligible to apply to join our candidate selection team or the approved candidate list, you must satisfy the basic criteria and send us the documents listed below. The full process is explained here.
Completing the form
- Please give your basic details (name, age, gender, contact details).
- You must state that you are genuinely independent of any political party.
- You must confirm that you support and agree to the Bell Principles and the Two Key Points of Parliamentary Reform.
- You must confirm that you have no connections to any extremist party or organisation. (While we do not have an exhaustive list of such organisations, for the avoidance of doubt you should list any political affiliations or memberships from the past five years.)
In addition, you need to submit:
- An outline CV giving your qualifications, experience (professional and political), work you have done in your local community, relevant achievements in your work or personal life and names of two referees.
- A personal statement of why you wish to join our candidate selection team or our approved candidate list (max. 500 words).
- Photo ID (such as a photograph of current driving licence or passport).
If you have any difficulties completing the corm or uploading documents, please contact us.